Konfession wants to make sure that you enjoy your candle experience while using them safely. Please read the recommended candle guidelines from the National Candle Association.
- Prior to burning your candle, trim the wicks to 1/4 of an inch. You will need to trim your wicks each time you go to light them.
- Keep the pool of wax free of wick trimmings and any debris.
- Even though we place a protective felt bottom, we sill recommenced you place your candle on a solid, heat resistant surface. This will help prevent possible heat damage to counters and table surfaces.
- Place candle in an area that is free of drafts or vents. This will prevent possible damage, injury and uneven burning.
- Do not burn your candle for longer than 3 hours at a time.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended! Extinguish all candles when you leave a room or go to bed.
- Never touch or move a candle when it is lit or wax is liquefied.
- Never burn your candle all the way down. Leave approx .5 inch.
- Never burn your candle near anything that can catch on fire. (curtains, bedding, carpets)
- Keep candles out of reach of children and pets.
- If your wick is having trouble staying lit, it most likely needs to be trimmed and cleaned of charred material. If the wooden wick is not cut short and cleaned regularly, it will draw the wax back down the wick and not create a flame.
- Always burn your candle long enough that it creates a full melt pool. This ensures that your candle will burn at an even level all the way down.
- Do not touch the candle until it has cooled down completely.
- Before exiting a room, please make sure you candle is blown out.
- Only relight your candle once it is completely cooled.